Bolton, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + + Additional Benefits
2 months ago
Lead Test Engineer - £45,000 + Excellent Additional Benefits - Bolton
The BridgeIT is working with a market leading business in Bolton to recruit a full time Lead Test Engineer to join a growing technical team.
The salary is up to £45,000 per annum plus excellent additional benefits.
As a Lead Test Engineer, you will be on multiple Project Teams covering all areas of software testing both manual and automation.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Work with Business Analysts and Developers to provide enhanced test coverage.
- Contribute to QA Strategy.
- Proactively implements defined test and engineering strategy, advocating best principles and practices.
- Leads innovation and continuous improvement to meet the changing demands of the business and emerging industry trends and standards.
- Supports the recruitment and line management of engineering staff.
- Collaborates in the specification and design of new products to ensure testability.
- Leads the definition of agile test approaches.
- Designs lean and efficient tests based on user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Performs functional and non-functional testing on products.
- Builds and maintains key relationships within own department and others within the business.
Experience and Qualities:
- At least 6 years commercial experience of Manual and Functional Testing.
- Thorough understanding of Agile development methods.
- Solid background / understanding of Automated Testing. Understanding of the use of test automation within the application development lifecycle
- Degree Level qualification or equivalent in software engineering or related discipline.
- Proficient at staff management and leadership capability.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
This role offers a great opportunity for career progression and an excellent chance to develop your skill-set further. Please apply now for immediate consideration.