Leeds, West Yorkshire
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
7 months ago
The Bridge IT are currently working with a large telecommunications business in Leeds that are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator.
- Linux (mostly Debian) Systems/Platform Administration/Engineering or similar 3rd line support role
- Configuration Management / Configuration as Code (e.g. SaltStack, Ansible)
- Scripting (e.g. Bash, YAML, PHP, Python)
- SQL (MySQL, MariaDB, Percona)
- Infrastructure Monitoring (e.g. Zabbix, Grafana)
- Version Control (Git)
- Security practices (e.g GPG encryption, SSL)
- Effective problem solver
- Ability to work on complex project requirements, both collaboratively and/or with minimal supervision
About the role.
As a Systems Administrator, you'll be an integral member of our team. You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, expanding and improving the systems, while liaising closely with technical operations, development, networking and support teams.
You will be asked to take part in an on-call rota providing 24/7 support, and interacting with our customers, suppliers, contractors, senior management and directors; therefore excellent communication skills, and the ability to work to deadlines with flexible hours are essential.
You must be able to pass the UK Government Security Vetting.