York, North Yorkshire
£0.00 - £42000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our industry leading client is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with a range of experience in supporting Linux-based infrastructures, to be based in York. The team designs, builds and runs complex connected platforms with a focus on providing network and server infrastructure solutions.
Working within a small team to build and support complex server, database and cloud infrastructures following design documentation and industry best practices.
- Collaborating with colleagues to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of any issues encountered, doing so in a logical and methodical manner.
- Work pro-actively in the management and monitoring of customer environments to prevent issues and outages happening in the first place.
- Be flexible in your approach to work and be a team player, where everyone pitches in to get the job done.
- Be confident and happy to deal with customers directly.
From a technical perspective - our client is looking for a good 'all-rounder' Administrator background with strong technical problem-solving skills. Ideally you will be able to bring a combination of the following -
- Good experience of Scripting (Python, Bash ideally)
- In depth knowledge Linux - RHEL but open to other flavours
- Exposure to Database platforms
- Proficient with TCP/IP networking
- Exposure to Firewalls is desirable
- Experience with high availability technologies
- Storage solutions such as SAN/NAS (EMC/Tegile/HP)
- Middleware knowledge (Tomcat, Jetty)
- Knowledge and experience of Web server platforms e.g. Apache
- Virtualisation, containerisation and cloud (VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, Docker, AWS, Azure)
- Excellent communication skills
Our client prides itself on offering a highly collaborative environment with a strong ethos of knowledge sharing with weekly talks and regular meet-ups. Importantly, our client can offer a flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance including a day working from home if required. Excellent benefits package including an attractive pension plan, 26 days holiday etc..