West Yorkshire, England
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Salary - £75k plus benefits
Location - West Yorkshire
We have an exciting opportunity to join a leading client in the centre of Leeds as a Network Designer.
You will be working closely with the Engineering team of of their Network & Infrastructure department. Your overall responsibility will be designing and building the internal core IP, distribution and access networks along with the operational tools needed to support and operate them.
You will collaborate closely with the Network & Infrastructure Technical Architect and other Designers to ensure that the internal network achieves the desired levels of security, availability and performance. You will also contribute to the planning of the Network & Infrastructure programme of work, ensuring that the scope and requirements of internal key projects are clear and achievable.
Actively engage in developing the internal network planning and modelling tools to ensure the business understand and manage internal network costs as our client continues to expand. You will liaise with other Designers to ensure that the business can establish and adhere to high technical standards for the teams designs and their implementation. You will also work closely with key stakeholders to help them build and optimize their business strategies around the technology we deliver.
You will also be hands-on and have a strong and varied engineering background and will lead and take part in projects, working with other engineers to produce and implement designs, build plans, test plans, transition plans and documentation. In carrying out these activities you be a role model both within this team and across the department and will use your insight and knowledge to aid in the development of the skills and practices of the Engineering team.
Your skills and experiences
* Subject matter expert within the networking field but has broad understanding in other technical areas sufficient to contribute to broader more strategic discussions
* Successful track record in working within a design or engineering team
* Experienced in leading and overseeing the technical design process
* Excellent consultancy skills
* Experience working with and selecting partners and external vendors to assist in the delivery of solutions
* Excellent knowledge of best practice engineering & design principles and capable of successfully leading and implementing these
* Experienced working in project based environment
* Successful track record in communicating vision and ideas and sharing knowledge at all technical and business levels.
* In-depth knowledge and experience of building and enhancing network infrastructure using some or all of the same technologies including:
o Network technologies at all layers: IP, NAT, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, .1q, VLANs, STP, RSTP, VRRP/HSRP, Optical networking
o Hardware vendors: Juniper, Ericsson, Foundry/Brocade, Cisco, Zyxel, Huawei
o Corporate networks, firewall management, PCI-DSS, WiFi
o Network and authentication services: DNS, RADIUS, Tacacs, Active Directory, Asterisk
o Configuration management: Puppet, GIT, SCCM, rancid
o Network management: OpenNMS, Nagios, MRTG, SNMP, Cacti, SCOM, ELK, U2000, ZMS, JunOS Space
o Tools development: Perl, shell, PHP, Python, SQL or other scripting languages
And this is what well offer you
* Medical Healthcare Scheme
* Pension Scheme
* 25 days Annual Leave (with option to buy/sell 5 days)
* Company profit related bonus
* Travel Loan and Ride2Work Schemes
* Subsidised Onsite Restaurant
* Summer & Christmas Parties