Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
3 months ago
My client a leading company based in Stockton on Tees are searching for a Network Engineer to be responsible for the management and operation of the customer network. To provide network design, consultancy and operational support to all areas of the business.
- Day to day operations management of network-related incidents and service requests.
- Resolution or escalation of incidents and service requests within Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Management of network change communications and procedures within the change control framework.
- Monitor and report on network health using management tools including Solarwinds Network Performance Manager
- Perform daily network health checks identify and rectify any potential issues in a timely manner.
- Install and commission network infrastructure platforms including switches, routers, firewalls and load balancers.
- Provide expertise in development design and deployment of Wi-Fi and mobile (3G/4G) communications solutions to Enterprise and customer engineering projects.
- Administer network protocols and technologies including: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IPSEC, PVST, LCP
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Current Cisco Certified Network Professional qualification
- Extensive and proven commercial experience in designing, Installing, commissioning and supporting large complex multi-site voice and data LAN and WAN network solutions based predominantly on Cisco products.
- An in-depth understanding of network infrastructure design and best practice principles including routing and switching concepts and technologies, advanced IP addressing, dynamic routing protocols.
- MPLS, Secure and resilient routing solutions, Unified communications, Load balancing and traffic management, Quality of Service (QOS), Wireless and Mobile communications.
- Experience of implementing and supporting remote access and legacy dialup technologies
- An in-depth understanding of end to end secure network concepts, technologies and protocols including Access control, Next generation, Web application and Stateful firewalls technologies, Intrusion prevention, Encryption (IPSEC, SSL, PKI), Security event information management systems, Proxy services.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem diagnosis skills developed from experience
- Experience of FCOE solutions
- Experience of Storage Area Network implementation
- An understanding of the principles of Datacentre Management.
- Unix/Linux knowledge
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.