+ plus great benefits
over 1 year ago
Network Engineering Specialist
Leeds Perm: Upto £60,000 per annum + 10% Bonus + £2,000/£3,000 on call payment and 21% pension.
The Bridge IT are working closely with a leading Financial company in the Leeds area to recruit a permanent Network Engineering Specialist. This role will become a key part of the a brand new in house Network Services and will involve the support and delivery of the organisations digital transformation alongside managing Checkpoint Firewall from a Networking perspective and supporting current and future Architecture. The company in question are in a period of transition bringing Checkpoint Firewall and Network Services from supplier to in house.
- Providing support to implement and administer Checkpoint, Lan, Wan, Wlan, Gans, VoIP and Cloud architecture.
- Providing support to implement and administer Perimeter security systems such as Checkpoint Firewalls and IDS/IPS in Azure, AWS and on premise.
- Providing environments to support end to end and System Integration Testing
- Working with the Infrastructure Architecture team to build and transition services from Project to Operational management.
The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco NX-OS and IOS, supporting Routers and Switches, knowledge of OSPF, BGP, QoS and ideally at least CCNP certified, CCIE preferred.
- Checkpoint Firewall experience including HA, Virtual Systems and vSec.
- Able to provide day to day support for Checkpoint firewall in Azure, AWS and On premise engineering and operations tasks including on-call technical support and resolution of escalated issues.
- Experience in transitioning network/firewall services from third party to in-house.
- WAN connectivity including Site to Site VPNs, VPLS, MPLS and Azure Express Route.
- ASA firewall experience including multiple contexts and HA.
(These are the desirable skills and capabilities so candidates without experience across all areas will still be considered)
Please apply immediately to be considered and to learn more about the role and the organisation.