York, North Yorkshire
£0.00 - £45000.00 per annum + plus excellent benefits
3 months ago
About the Role
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
About our Benefits
In addition to our competitive salary and all the usual benefits (Life assurance, 25-30 days holiday, car parking), we understand that it's the small things that make people feel appreciated, so our benefits package also includes:
- Excellent Pension Scheme (Standard 4% Employee - 8% Employer)
- Flexi Hours
- An additional day off for your birthday
- Income protection scheme
- Closed for Christmas
- Gym discount
- £1,500 referral scheme
Your main duties will include:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
You will have a good commercial grounding in web development and have a thorough understanding of object-oriented design and coding practices along with knowledge of good coding practices such as Unit Testing and Automated Builds.
This role will support the Technical Leads and Architects in the development of services, apis and user interfaces for our products. You will have the ability to work independently, but also as part of a team to ensure the end product meets high quality standards.
You will be highly technical and hands-on with experience of the whole development life cycle and be committed to design, build and deployment excellence.
Please click apply to be considered!