West Yorkshire, England
£400 - £425 per day
3 months ago
Contract Non-Functional Test Engineer - £400 - £425 per day - Leeds
The BridgeIT is working with a market leading business in Leeds to recruit a contract Non-Functional Test Engineer to join a growing technical team.
The salary is up to £400-£425 per day and they are looking for someone to join as soon as possible.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Design non-functional Test Plans for areas such as Performance, Stress, Load, Resilience, Availability and Operational testing
- Significant exposure to functional and non-functional testing (performance, stress, load, security, etc.)
- The ability to communicate effectively and liaise on a technical level with Analysts, Designers and Developers is required in order to help in the creation of testing plans, scripts and supporting documentation.
- A proven track record of successful delivery of non functional test work packages.
- Knowledge of structured non functional testing strategies and methods applied in a distributed environment.
- Experience of enterprise level automation and test management tools
- Practical experience of contemporary tools, utilities and methodologies such as JMeter, NeoLoad, Selenium, Fitnesse, Cucumber, Cloud Testing, Mobile Testing and Big Data
- Knowledge of use of UNIX and Windows environments for development and/or testing.
- Ability to communicate effectively and liaise on a technical or co-ordination level.
- Constantly strive to improve the approach to testing though innovation and good practice.
- Expected to have an in-depth knowledge of a range of technologies.
- A sound knowledge of testing is expected and should range from unit level testing to large system non-functional testing.
- Ability to take responsibility for areas of a test plan and work with others to execute that plan.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- The flexibility, intelligence and motivation to work in a variety of business domains.
- A sound understanding of the project delivery lifecycle, ideally using a number of methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc).
This role offers a great opportunity for a seasoned contractor to join an experienced team. Please apply now for immediate consideration.