£500 - £800 per day
22 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as an Ontology Consultant for a major blue chip company on a long term contract. This Ontology Consultant position will be remote for at least the rest of 2020 and will then be split between Cambridge and remote.
The key skills required for this Ontology Consultant position are:
What this Ontology Consultant position will involve:
- Fluently translate natural language and business jargon into precise, complex knowledge representations
- Synthesize and arbitrate disparate views of a knowledge domain
- Design and deploy ontologies, models and other structures to identify and fill knowledge gaps in the representation of entities, relations and processes related to agriculture
- Assist in developing tooling to support capture of domain concepts and to allow model/ontology extension by subject matter experts
- Support technology team as they integrate heterogeneous unstructured, semi-structured, and well-structured data into a master repository
- Work with subject matter experts to develop graph-based semantic models which capture knowledge about diverse real-world scenarios
- Develop pragmatic models that enable realisation of business value
Skills required for this Ontology Consultant position:
- Experience with Basic Formal Ontology or another upper-level ontology
- Proficiency with RDF, OWL, SPARQL, Gremlin, Cypher or similar technologies
- Experience with triple stores, Labelled property graph and hybrid graph stores
- Proficiency in semantic modeling, knowledge and ontology engineering
- Strong logical and conceptual reasoning, strong attention to detail
- Experience using ontologies to support data integration
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience using ontology management systems to maintain categories, attributes, and other metadata.
If you do have the required skills for this Ontology Consultant remote position, please do apply.