EH/ Oracle DBA/01
over 1 year ago
My client a Leading Blue-Chip company based in Glasgow are searching for an Oracle DBA who is Security Cleared for a 6-12month contract.
This is a great opportunity to work with a very forward-thinking consultancy on one of the biggest digital transformations of its kind in Scotland.
As a DBA, you'll be providing project and general database administration support to the project and stakeholder teams as well as development as required, ensuring optimal performance, availability and security.
Key Skills Required:
- Security Cleared (current)
- Experience as an Oracle DBA
- Extensive experience of working with MariaDB or MySQL
- Configuration and performance tuning of large databases
- Experience using Linux
- Strong SQL coding skills
- Working in the cloud, preferably AWS
- Experience working in a team, using Agile methods
- Knowledge of replication and clustering
- BASH scripting
- Experience dealing with sensitive data
- Understanding of backup/restore processes and disaster recovery
- Usage of Jira and Confluence
- Government project experience
- Usage of Git as version control
If this sounds something of interest please apply with your up to date CV for Immediate Consideration.