Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
The Bridge IT has an opportunity for an opensource lover in DevOps for a position with a technology company in Leeds who has a keen interest in infrastructure with a background in opensource tools.
Salary ranging from £45,000-£70,000 depending on experience and cloud based experience with AWS or Azure.
You will be the link between the operations and development teams, providing expertise on the management, maintenance and support of IT infrastructure on whichever project you are tasked with. If you have experience with automating processes, continuous integration systems and application release then the opportunity to work with my client may be ideal for you.
The type of people you will be working with are problem-solvers, hard-working and highly skilled IT professionals. A family culture is promoted throughout the company where like-minded people work together to provide the highest quality service. Financially you will be offered an extremely competitive package based around your ability and experience.
The DevOps/Platform Engineer will have
- Strong commercial experience of managing complex multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environments
- Recent Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, VMware) - ideally AWS.
- In-depth configuration management, automation and Scripting skills including use of a Scripting language such as Python or Ruby, proficiency with Shell Scripting (eg BASH)
- In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (eg Cobbler, Puppet, Chef, Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Foreman)
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc.)
- Exposure to continuous integration and build tools
- Use of source code version control
- Excellent Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Understanding of software and infrastructure architecture
- Good database knowledge and SQL skills (on an enterprise database such as Oracle or EnterpriseDB)
This is an urgent requirement, please apply immediately to be considered.