North West England, England
Up to £0.00 per day
11 months ago
Competitive daily rate
Working in partnership with a leading organisation the Bridge are looking to recruit a contract Platform Engineer based in the North West. As the Platform Engineer you will lead the global Big Data Platform team, you will be responsible for all aspects of Platform design, definition, implementation, operation, support and maintenance.
This role will combine elements of team management responsibilities, platform engineering, build, deployment and operational support.
- Leading a team of Platform Engineers to deliver high quality platform solutions to plan
- Ensure SDLC processes are followed for the platform including automation of build, deploy and test processes
- Accountable for ensuring the team produce delivery artefacts and appropriate quality assurances processes are in place
- Development and maintenance of build and deployment scripts and automation tooling
- Support and maintenance of existing feed code base and tooling (Python / Java / SQL / PowerShell)
- Development and maintenance of build scripts and use of Jenkins for build automation.
- Unix shell scripting in bash / ksh
- Python development
- Windows batch script
- Ansible/Chef/Puppet or similar deployment scripting language
- Solid grounding in Big Data technologies: HDFS, SQOOP, cluster management
- Experience of unit test automation
- Experience of continuous integration and development techniques
- Exposure to Scrum/Agile delivery methodologies
Please apply with your CV for immediate consideration