£350.00 - £425.00 per day
9 days ago
My client a leading company based in Redhill are searching for a Principal Operation Engineer who is an Ivanti subject matter expert on Patch Management, OS Provisioning, Software Delivery. This role is a 6 month contract and remote for the foreseeable future.
You will be responsible for the operational delivery of Ivanti Endpoint Management Suite to apply security improvements and ensure compliance across the front office estate. Also working on technical project delivery and providing operational 3rd line support of services. Responsible for root-cause analysis, the delivery of effective resolutions and stakeholder management.
Key Skills/Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Proven track record of working with Ivanti Endpoint Management Suite, including provisioning for OS installations and builds, patch management, reporting and queries, software distribution and packaging, administration, and maintenance of an Ivanti environment including migrations and upgrades and security RBAC (Roles Based Access Control)
-Extensive experience in Ivanti Patch Management Systems
-Experience producing reports / dashboards in Ivanti Extraction
- Experience of Unix/Linux Operating systems with strong experience working with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, 18.04 LTS, 20.04 LTS (including scripting)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Desktops & Servers)
- Demonstrable experience working within a multi-platform and complex infrastructure environment
- Proven ability to manage a patch testing environment within a 'Model Office' and maintain this in conjunction to all front office devices
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure (hardware, software, database, networking and cloud technologies)
- Experience in Windows 7 and Windows 10 installation, configuration, maintenance, and fault finding (including knowledge of active directory, group policy and security hardening)
- Experience working within ITIL framework (including change and release management)
- Technical experience of devices hardware down to component level
- Experience of working to ISO 9001/ 20000 or equivalent quality standard
- Demonstrable experience of SQL Server 2012 and above (T-SQL query, SQL Profiler and XE)
- Advanced Networking Knowledge (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Experience in Active Directory Infrastructure (including DNS / DHCP / DFS / WSUS)
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.