England, United Kingdom
£45k - 55k per year
0113 386 8556
3 months ago
the Bridge IT are currently recruiting for a DBA/Data engineer for a fantastic client. The role will be a hybrid of on site in Hatfield and remote. This position is paying £45,000-£55,000 depending on experience.
The purpose of the role
Looking for a detail-oriented DBA/Data Engineer who is able to design and deliver the correct technical implementation of a modern, cloud-based data management and BI platform across the business. You will be required to work closely with relevant business areas and technical Engineers/BI Developers to map and provide required data to support the business reporting needs.
The Current Technical Environment
Within the Data Engineering area, you’ll be working on the company’s newly built Information Management Platform; managing the data pipeline and ETL processes using Talend to ensure that data is gathered quickly, correctly and in a secure manner. You’ll gain exposure to a wide range of modern technologies including AWS, Spectrum and Redshift, continually learning, and developing your skills.
Key Skills Required
- Excellent experience of managing SQL Server in a production environment, including performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Strong experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience of AWS, Postgres, Linux, MongoDB, Windows Server and Oracle.
- Good understanding of server operating systems, virtualization principles and monitoring technologies.
- Proven expertise within a Data Engineer role, ideally within a cloud-based environment
- Experience in ETL tools is essential, with Talend being the preferred option (other ETL tools such as Informatica, Pentaho, Collibra etc. would be taken into consideration)
- A broad and comprehensive understanding of data warehousing, and extract, transform and load both at a software and hardware level
- Previous experience in an Engineering / Analytics role with solid understanding of data processes i.e. data quality, data profiling, scorecards, data governance etc.
- Strong understanding of information management practices
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Ability to document solutions in clear and concise language
- Proven experience engaging with customers up to C-Level to understand their requirements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Including the ability to communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Data quality and good data behaviour and practises
This is a great opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies. You will gain exposure to AWS too. If you have the above experience and are looking for a new permanent opportunity please send your CV for immediate consideration.
DBA/Data engineer - hybrid of on site in Hatfield and remote - paying £45,000-£55,000 depending on experience.