South Yorkshire, England
Up to £0.00 per annum + Salary is competitive
29 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, for a Programme Manager to be a part of a major transformation programme, working with a leading industry client based in South Yorkshire.
* Ensure the programme and associated projects are appropriately funded, resourced, scheduled, and outcomes agreed
* Build and lead the programme team to efficiently manage the delivery of the programme as specified in the relevant Programme Definition Document (scope, time, cost and quality parameters)
* Design and implement an appropriate programme stakeholder engagement and communications plan, leading on upward and downward communications
* Implement an appropriate governance framework for the programme, informing relevant Business forums and Control Partners where relevant
* Track and challenge programme metrics to manage costs, effort, schedule, scope and benefits
* Maintain complete and accurate programme management records, challenging where gaps exists so these are closed quickly limiting the risk of unknowns and surprises
* Identify change, so it can be controlled, following the published change control processes
* Implement best practice methods and controls in line with standards to manage delivery risk
* Take action to understand and remove blocking issues, preserving key milestones
* Input to quality assurance reviews, and proactively escalate where additional quality assurance activities would help understand evolving project risks
* Keep programme financial records up to date, ensuring appropriate levels of contingency are being held to allow for the unknowns, and advising management on what is a suitable levels of management reserve given the risk profile of the projects
* Draft regular programme status reports ensuring key messages and status are agreed in advance of submission
Skills & Experience
* Exceptional stakeholder management skills (Director/Board level) including demonstrable experience of successfully mediating contention / conflict
* A proven track record of leading & delivering multiyear transformational programmes, particularly within Sales & Marketing.
* Extensive understanding and experience of delivery using methodologies in a structured change environment including demonstrable evidence of TOM development and leveraging technical and business design authority concepts
* Worked in a demanding, fast paced environment preferably within financial services (or other regulated environments)
* Passionate, enthusiastic with gravitas and confidence and completely focused delivering the Programme outcomes
* Demonstrable skills in leadership, communication, influencing, planning and organising
* Strong ability to support projects at all stages of the life cycle it's a programme with several projects at different lifecycle stages.
* A modern knowledge of the IT industry and its ways of working (both Agile (SCRUM), hybrid and Waterfall delivery approaches)
* Experience of 3rd party management and 3rd party IT integration.