£40000 - £60000 per annum
30 days ago
I am currently recruiting for a Python Software Engineer / Developer for a key client based in central Newcastle.
They are happy to consider candidates from C#, C++, Java etc backgrounds as long as you are happy to cross train, learn and pick up Python development skills. You will undergo Python software development courses / training at the start of your employment with them and work alongside experienced Python Software Engineers to help with your progress.
A solid software engineering background is needed.
What my client are looking for:
* Strong "Software Engineering" fundamentals and practical experience
* Commercial experience of software development in Python
* Strong Object Oriented skills (e.g. from C#, C++, Java or similar)
* Good database knowledge of SQL, NoSQL or PostgreSQL
* Unit test frameworks
* Strong practice of TDD development principles and continuous integration
* Exposure to Nginx, Redis, Elastic Search or RabbitMQ would be really beneficial
* Exposure to continuous integration, build tools (Jenkins, Ansible) and scripting
* Use of source code version control - Git, Subversion or Mercurial
It is a very collaborative, knowledge sharing, friendly, no egos or politics environment, with a relaxed dress code (shorts & flip flops?) with lots of little perks such as free breakfast and fruit (fully stocked kitchen).
Some would say their staff are the best around from a technical perspective (and interesting outside of work too!), you work hard but get a lot back in return.
They are offering excellent basic salaries plus benefits.