Amsterdam, North Holland
£750.00 - £800.00 per day
16 days ago
SAP Data/Project Manager
Location - Amsterdam
Salary - 800 Euros day rate
Travel - Global travel with expenses covered
The SAP Data PM is a member of the SAP Programme team and is accountable for the Programme Management plans and actions to deliver the following:
- Definition, Design and Quality management and governance of all customer, Vendor and team members data across the organisation that is in scope of the SAP Migration Project.
- To Delivery plans and communications for: in Data Quality, Business Rules and Reference Data, Master and Meta Data Management improvement with a key aim of the team to create confidence and trust in the data we have.
- Working with business owners and data stewards from the wider business to identify and address issues at source, ensuring that the appropriate checks and standards are in place to prevent problems and their re-occurrence.
- A key purpose is to drive alignment across the business for SAP Data Definitions and Quality, to create and agree common business rules and definitions and use standardised reference data. Implementing the appropriate processes to create and effectively manage solutions once in life
- The Role Holder must be able to accurate and valid interpretation and evaluation of findings, conclusions, and justification from data discovery and technical SAP and Data Migration documentation.
- Working with business users and senior management in Data, Finance and wider business to define, document and implement processes to effectively manage business rules across all SAP required Data
- Identify, document and implement processes to effectively manage reference data and align KPI's for SAP
- Own and implement the business rules and reference data Strategy for working with relevant teams across the business especially in the Data, Insights and IT teams
- Work to create and agree alignment of common business rules and reference data across teams, departments and associated technical solutions
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert and ambassador for business rules and reference data, being first point of contact for user queries across the SAP project.
- Work with IT teams to ensure that business rules and reference data are appropriately designed and developed into solutions for initial launch and simple in life management
- Ensure that owners and stewards are identified for business rules and reference data and there are processes in place for the stewards to effectively update and manage them
- Establishing an on-going process for determining, prioritising, investigating and resolving business rules and reference data issues.
- Build deep understanding of the business SAP data.
- Measure improvements in business rules and reference data and their impact on business value.
- Ensure standards and rules are in accordance with the business standards and policies.
- Articulate the need for and benefits of business rules and reference data to the business.
- Promote effective data management through policies, procedures / user manuals and training.
- Undertake and commission assessments and audits of business rules and reference data on behalf of Information Owners and make recommendations for their improvement.
- Responsible for information quality assurance and the effective quality management of data.
- Own and develop the business Data Quality Strategy to dramatically improve data quality, step changing data value.
- In time resource, manage and motivate a team of commercially minded data quality analysts focused on providing value across the organisation.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert and ambassador for Data Quality, being first point of contact for user queries.
- Establishing an on-going process for determining, prioritising, investigating and resolving data quality issues to increase the value released from data.
- Agree and monitor data quality measures and targets with data owners, users and stewards across the Business. Ensure the integrity of data underlying decision making.
- Build and share data standards and data quality best practice.
- Ensure standards, rules and policies are set in accordance with internal standards.
- Articulate the need for and benefits of data quality to the business.
- Promote data quality and effective data management through policies, procedures / user manuals and training.
- Undertake and commission assessments and audits of data and information quality arrangements on behalf of Information Owners to find the root causes of data quality issues.
- Provide a pragmatic approach to solving problems in a timely manner.
- To drive continuous improvement in all working practices and employee management.
- Partner with IT to recommend the correct strategic MDM platform
- Support in the integration of MDM and Data Cleansing tools and processes within the current Application Architecture
- Engage with the Data Stewards and across the business to verify cross-domain impacts
Role Context & Scope
- SAP Project Management for the SAP S4 Hana implementation project delivering
- Migration Plans and strategy
- Master and Meta data management
- Data quality
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Essential skills, attributes and experience
- Strong data quality background experienced in Business Intelligence, Data Management across SAP.
- Proven broad based business and technology skills in the effective application of information and data to drive business value via SAP.
- Ideally business and technical consultancy skills to provide a consultative engagement approach to support effective application of data quality.
- Proven ability to create, manage and develop a team.
- Strong business rules and reference data background in SAP
- Experience creating and implementing strategies to effectively define, capture, document and manage business rules and reference data
- Strong written and verbal communication with demonstrable skills in influencing multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and manage to completion complex projects and problems with pragmatism.
- Proactive self-starter to identify and act upon opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral presentation capabilities.
- Strong leadership capabilities, including the ability to lead virtual/matrix teams.
- Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills, building positive relationships across the business.
- Strong understanding of Data Management leading practice and its practical application in diverse environments.
- Strong understanding of business systems, process analysis and design.
- Understanding of people management, development and mentoring
- Understands the data cleansing process (Parsing, Correcting Standardising Matching and Consolidating) and plan Data Cleansing strategy
- Understands the MDM implications regarding Structured and non-Structured Data Knowledgeable about Data Migration strategies