£450 - £500 per day
4 months ago
SAP Project Manager (Archiving & Data Anonymization)
We are currently looking for an SAP Project Manager to work on an initial 6 month contract, to be based at London Kings Cross.
Our client is planning to upgrade their instance of SAP ERP(R/3) to the latest Enhancement Pack and moved into AWS environment from its current data center environment. As part of the upgrade, they are planning to move onto SAP Hana database from Oracle database that SAP ERP runs today.
As pre-requisite to this, an ECC archiving project will be run to deliver additional archiving objects to the existing archiving solution and a data anonymization project will be run to remove PII data from the non-production systems.
This initiative is part of a larger technology and engineering-enabled business transformation. It is a key enabler of our Supply Chain strategy and, by providing a step-change in capability, underpins the company objective to become first choice for our customers, suppliers and employees.
The initial phase of the role involves driving and managing activities to deliver two initiatives in parallel the SAP ECC archiving project with the selected archiving partner, the data anonymization project with the selected data anonymization partner. The second phase of the project will be to assist with the upgrade of multiple SAP components to the latest enhancement packs and NetWeaver versions. The latter will be a technical project with no new functionality in the enhancement packs being switched on.
The role will report directly into the SAP Upgrade and Cloud Migration Project Manager. The role will manage specialist resources (e.g., Technology team members, external contractors, etc.) and 3rd party providers.
* Responsible for the end-to-end project management including: creating and maintaining a plan, organize and chair regular status meetings, delivery, monitoring, risk and issues management, handover to support, post project review, project and closure, and coordination of 3rd party workstreams / deliverables), ensuring delivery to the agreed time, cost, and outcomes
* Co-ordination of the required testing materials, people, environments and activities
* Track financial spend and commitments against budget, providing regular updates to stakeholders
* Ensure all risks and issues are collected, analyzed, and mitigated / addressed / escalated as appropriate
* Proactive stakeholder management and communications
* Manage external delivery partners and contractors as required to ensure overall project outcomes are achieved
Your Skills and Experience
* Experience in planning and project managing the delivery of an SAP archiving, data anonymization and upgrade.
* Experience of managing cross-functional teams and workstreams, including 3rd party deliverables.
* Experience of working in a complex, project environment with resources spread across different geographies.
* Experience of managing 3rd parties to contract / deliverables
* Strong team facilitation skills - able to manage and motivate people at all levels in the organization
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills able to work across functions
* Able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels of the business and to various stakeholder groups, both in writing and verbally
* Ability to challenge constructively, build credibility, and work with integrity at all levels within the organization
* Experience in migration to SAP HANA.
* Experience in migration to public cloud.
* Proven Technology Project Management and solution delivery experience, leading the technology elements across several projects.
* Experience of working with a variety of delivery methodologies including Agile, Prince 2, etc.
* Certified project management methodologies (e.g., Prince 2, MSP or Agile)