£22.00 - £23.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Contract SC Cleared IT Engineer - onsite 5 days - Rotherham - Competitive Market Rates
The BridgeIT is working with a market leading business in Rotherham to recruit a contract SC Cleared IT Engineer. They are looking for a candidate to bring in technical expertise, significant experience and to lead by example behaviour on implementing best practises.
This contract is initially 6 months and is based onsite in Rotherham operating on shift patterns.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Windows 10 troubleshooting and deployment from image.
- Windows Server 2016 - Active directory basics (resetting passwords, user permissions).
- Hardware - Desktop PC diagnostics and physical patching of network cables.
- Previous experience using a helpdesk ticketing system.
- Provide technical support and guidance to Operators and staff. Working closely with US-based engineering teams to answer technical questions or resolve issues with server performance and access.
- Expected to conduct system maintenance activities to include, but not limited to reviewing error logs, operator-reported errors, apply software/security software maintenance to include apply updates to the Software/system baseline.
- Expected in addition to maintaining the system/software, server, and services to monitor performance to reduce interruptions and server crashes.
- Create System Backups. Perform system backups according to documented procedures/checks-lists. Verification of back up success is included
- Basic network troubleshooting (the ability to test network connectivity).
- A minimum of two years' experience - including infrastructure - in an IT support role and can clearly demonstrate working knowledge of the above
- Excellent time management skills
If you have the above skills, please apply now for immediate consideration a start asap.