South West England, England
£65000 - £70000 per annum
7 days ago
Up to £70,000
Working in partnership with a leading organisation the Bridge are looking to recruit a Scrum Master to join a well established team on an exciting digital project.
As the Scrum Master your key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate daily stand-up, sprint planning and sprint review
- Guide teams in estimating practices and facilitate team estimates
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Drive execution of sprints, communicate to management and other stakeholders, protect team from unplanned injection of work.
- Ensure project releases are sufficiently supported through their life cycle to achieve success.
- Manage resource, requirement and operational conflicts to keep the teams running at high performance.
- Able to retrospect and analyse the root causes to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity
- Maintain team data in project management software (i.e. JIRA, Confluence) to support estimates and execution.
- Present sprint performance and deliverables for the management
- Supports product owner(s) with intra-team dynamics with respect to priorities and scope
- Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution with the teams.
- Drive continuous improvement and lead the team by example
It is essential you have previous experience leading large Scrum teams as a Scrum Master, applying Scrum principles, practices and theories. You will need previous hands-on technical experience on large scale Java J2ee based projects and deep understanding of the fundamentals of Development and DevOps culture.
Other key experience required includes:
- Strong experience of leading teams on projects using Continuous Integration and Automation Testing frameworks
- Solid experience working with Architecture teams to assess and size story/epics
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile procedures to predict the development teams' needs
- Passionate commitment to delivering products on time
- Deep understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyse and improve sprint planning
- Strong communication and mentoring skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical challenges and dependencies to the management team
- Scrum Master certification
If you have the above experience and are keen to work in a fast paced, modern and challenging environment please apply with your CV for consideration.
It is ESSENTIAL for this role that you have current SC Clearance.