£40k - 45k per year
0113 386 8551
4 months ago
Information Security Awareness Specialist
My client is looking to recruit an experienced Information Security Awareness Specialist to take responsibility for supporting the firms information security awareness, behaviour and culture change program.
The overall goal of the security awareness and education program is to manage information security risk by ensuring that all staff understand the security threats and what they need to do in order to act in a secure manner and protect the organisation.
In collaboration with other members of the Information Security team, this position will manage a broad set of activities. The Information Security Awareness Specialist will also be responsible for evaluating effectiveness of techniques and resources as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the security awareness strategy, goals, and objectives
- Serve as an internal consultant and advisor with key stakeholders
- Maintain a long-term strategy while addressing current risks
- Structure and maintain culture change, in addition to behaviours over time
- Take responsibility for the daily operation of the phishing assessment program
- Identify the top human risks and the behaviours we need to change to mitigate those risks
- Update strategy to incorporate and address emerging technologies and risks
- Ensure information security awareness work communicates security policies and requirements
- Create and maintain an online presence that serves as a central repository for security guidance and references
- Create policy and process documentation related to information security training, education, and awareness programs
- Incorporate learning methodologies into design and delivery of content
- Apply best practices into the development of courses and accommodate multiple learning styles
- Define achievable, observable, and measurable learning objectives (skills) into training programs
As Security Awareness Specialist, you will possess a sound understanding of Information Security principles along with experience in vendor systems / external platforms focused on training, learning / and Service Management e.g , KnowBe4, Confluence, ServiceNow. You will have the ability to confidently plan, and contribute to projects delivering training and workshops as appropriate