£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
5 months ago
* Monitoring of threats via threat intelligence, utilising 3rd parties, internal tools and own initiative
* End to end delivery of patches for our on-premise and cloud infrastructure software and infrastructure items as required
* Attend change meetings
* Delivery of documentation to standards
* Maintain the vulnerability management and patching delivery systems
* You will promote standardisation, automation and continuous improvement across the business
You will be expected to promote operational security and best practice to other departments, particularly to ISO27001 guidelines You will be required to engage in projects to support the business to embed operational security excellence from initiation and ensure that this is carried through to delivery. You will also be the bridge between our IT Services and Information Security teams and will help deliver the message that Security is at the heart of technology and operations.
Further to this we would expect you to identify areas for improvement and help with a backlog of service improvements, ensure commissioning and decommissioning processes are reflected in our operational security processes, assist other teams with the troubleshooting of issues after scheduled patch runs. As with all IT roles we would expect that you be aware of data security policies and impact on environments.
Technically you will have knowledge and experience using systems such as:
* Vulnerability Management applications (Security Centre, Nessus)
* Patch management solutions and challenges
* Good understanding of Microsoft Server and Desktop products in a corporate environment
* Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
* Experience of change management processes
* Familiar with PowerShell and system management tools
* Knowledge of corporate Anti-Virus solutions
* Knowledge of IT Security standards, for example ISO27001, COBIT, CIS
* Ability to communicate clearly to all colleagues, including senior IT management and third party/offshore technical resources
* Ability to build relationships with the various IT Services teams and infosec team.
* You will demonstrate a strong desire for development and for continuous improvement
* An interest in IT Security and associated facets
As the role involves the maintenance of critical business systems, there may be a need to work weekends or evenings from time to time.
Please click apply to be considered!