York, North Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
4 months ago
The BridgeIT are working with a leading York employer who are expanding a busy Applications Support team. We are recruiting an Senior Applications Engineer to provide troubleshooting and 2nd Line Support to applications and systems across the business.
This is a stakeholder facing role with an emphasis on problem solving, service delivery and relationship management. This is an engaging role and you will deal with internal stakeholders both technical and non-technical.
Some of your key responsibilities will cover:
* Monitoring and maintenance of the company's applications to ensure availability, performance and capacity SLAs are maintained
* Maintaining stakeholder relationships and dealing with application related inquiries
* Preparing reports on application & system performance, reporting ticketing trends, incident reporting and measurements against SLAs
* Resolving major operational incidents
* Owning root cause analysis and preventative steps
* Supporting the transition of IT projects from delivery to operational readiness
This role requires you to have
* General knowledge of software development principles, database management, middleware, and server configuration.
* Experiencing of solving complex technical problems across multi-tiered enterprise applications.
* Experience and ability to provide customer service
* Experience and confidence of dealing with senior stakeholders both externally and internally
If you have the ability to write SQL queries, knowledge of CD/CI principles and familiarity with monitoring that would fit in well with this role.
The salary on offer will be between £40,000 to £50,000 with one of the best pensions, a personal training fund which you can use for any IT certification and a bonus scheme.
Please get in touch with me or apply to the role and Ill be in touch with more information.