York, North Yorkshire
£0.00 - £65000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Please note this client does not offer sponsorship
Must have AWS experience
Our client is currently looking for a Senior AWS Systems Engineer to join our team.
Our team helps innovative small businesses make smart decisions about how to accelerate growth, helping them make the right choices about the technology they use, the way that they fund it and how they manage it.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, creative, and an enthusiastic engineer with a broad understanding of enterprise platform design and operations who can play a key part in supporting cutting edge technology solutions deployed to AWS.
This role will often require regular customer liaison and project work in addition to daily management of existing platforms.
What this role involves…
* Ensuring the availability, performance, and functionality of customer systems hosted in AWS
* Project delivery work, from design into production support
* Being a subject matter expert for colleagues and customers
* Incident response, resolution, and then identifying potential future improvements
* Automation using IAC and CI/CD
* Paid on-call support
What we'll need you to bring…
* Experience building and managing modern, highly automated environments in AWS
* Strong skills in AWS, containerisation, automation, and DevOps practices
* Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code tools, and at least one common scripting language, in production environments
* Understanding of concepts and approaches beyond infrastructure layer and across the full stack
* Good communication skills and a team player
* A desire for continual improvement, both personally and to drive it across the team and platforms
* An innovative approach, a willingness to challenge dogma, and to champion the best way
* A keen sense of responsibility for the services you'll be working on
* Able and willing to take ownership of things, and drive through to resolution
* Good time management and prioritisation skills
* Display natural decision-making abilities
What we'll give you in return…
* A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
* A strong ethos of knowledge sharing with weekly Lightning Talks and regular meet-ups
* The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
* Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
* Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
* A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
* A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
* Excellent benefits package including unrivalled pension, 25 days holiday plus an extra day off for your birthday, Group Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, free eye tests, flexible working options, and lots more!
If you have the above experience and would like to be considered for this role
Please click apply! :)