10 days ago
Senior Cloud Engineer
Contract - 6 months £470 day rate
Location - York
We are currently looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer with a range of Internet-facing hosting and video delivery experience, to work for a high-profile client, based in our York office.
You‘ll be keen and enthusiastic, with a broad understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application architecture. The successful applicant will play a key role in supporting cutting edge technology solutions for our distinguished client list.
- Supporting and managing of a complex web and video delivery infrastructure, and its supporting tool
- Delivery of projects and service improvements across a variety of technologies
- 2nd- and 3rd-line user support for a wide range of issues
- Application releases and infrastructure support for development teams
- Diagnosis and fix of a range of operational issues
- 24x7 on-call on a rota basis (one week every couple of months).
- Your Skills and Experience
- Practical experience in Linux systems administration (ideally including Ubuntu)
- Excellent working knowledge of AWS
- First-class written and verbal communication skills, and ability to interact professionally with colleagues, customers and suppliers at all levels of seniority and technical ability
- Good time management and prioritisation skills, able to self-manage a varying and busy workload
- Flexible in approach to work and a team player, where everyone pitches in to get the job done and works to improve the service to the client
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new skills and technologies
Desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the concepts of DevOps, and experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Puppet, Terraform, Ansible).
- Experience of working with project delivery teams and an understanding of project methodologies and terms (e.g. Agile, Kanban).
- Experience of working with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Understanding of load balancers, caching and the function of a CDN.
- Able to code reliable and well-documented scripts in Python, Bash and/or Perl.
- Git/Subversion – repository management and knowledge of good working practices
- A knowledge of ITIL
- Some SQL and basic database administration (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- An understanding of containerization (e.g. Docker) and container clustering
- Ability to identify, design and implement improvements to working practices and opportunities to automate away the common and mundane
- AWS Certified