£50000 - £63000 per annum + bonus + benefits
about 1 month ago
My client a leading company based in Southampton are searching for a Senior Data Engineer to provide leadership and expertise in developing new techniques, tools and pipelines.
You will transform and manipulate geospatial data into forms suitable for visualisation, analysis and further development with your Agile team.
You will provide insight and experience to inform data-driven decision making, focusing on building, maintaining and troubleshooting data processing systems to meet business requirements, with an emphasis on security, reliability, fault-tolerance, scalability, fidelity, and efficiency.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- A degree level qualification in a quantitative discipline or significant experience in a relevant field, such as statistical modelling or mathematics
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Working with FME, ESRI geoprocessing, Databricks and/or Spark
- Relevant programming language(s) and databases
- Geospatial data processing and analysis techniques
- Providing technical coaching and mentoring
- Line Management
- Hadoop, Elasticsearch, TensorFlow, Keras, or equivalent big data processing and machine learning technologies
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.