£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Excellent Pension
about 2 months ago
Senior Data Scientist
Location - Hertfordshire
Salary - £65,000 - £70,000 with benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Data Scientist looking for career progression or an established Senior Data Scientist looking for a new challenge elsewhere.
You will be working with other senior stakeholders in the business to create a new function for the company. There is a large volume of raw data to work with meaning you will able to bring huge value initially with the role with the view to implementing more complex models going forward as the team grows with you. This role has the scope for you to progress with the company leading you to becoming more strategic going forward.
You will be confident in a variety of different tools and languages such as R, Python & Scala. You will be experienced in either a Hadoop or AWS environment. Stakeholder management and strong communication is key as you will work with and mentor more inexperienced Data Scientists in the team to support them developing models using various machine learning techniques.
Key Skills & Experience
- Strong academic background in Mathematics - preferably statistics, Economics etc
- Experienced in Hadoop and AWS environments
- Strong experience in various languages such as Scala, R, Python & Java (python is preferred)
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication and able to help coach other members of staff
- Excellent SQL
- Applied statistics and data mining techniques