North Yorkshire, England
Up to £0.00 per annum + benefits & flexible working
about 1 month ago
Location - North Yorkshire
Competitive salary plus benefits and flexible working!
We're looking for a Senior Developer with Node to join our high-profile client based in North Yorkshire.
This is a great opportunity to join a talented and progressive team that celebrates success and acknowledges failure. The successful candidate will join a challenging and fast paced agile environment where their contributions to all phases of the SDLC will be valued and encouraged.
* Working within a small fast-paced agile multi-discipline team on both green and brown field projects
* Contributing to the SDLC from analysis to acceptance
* Identifying appropriate technologies, systems and libraries to use
* Writing well documented, well performing, testable, maintainable code
* Keeping up-to-date with software development best practice
* Collaborating with colleagues to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of any issues
* Flexible in your approach to work and be a team player, where everyone pitches in to get the job done.
* Be involved in key areas of software development, including evaluation, recommendations, implementation, testing, maintenance and documentation
* Keep abreast of relevant current emerging technologies
* Communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with their manager, project manager and other members of the team and company
* Work and contribute as a team member sharing information and experience where applicable together with a willingness to contribute ideas to enhance projects
* Liaise professionally with clients when required
* Accept, follow and contribute to agreed development standards
* Adopt and support the internal DevOps culture, upholding processes around development and seek opportunities to refine where appropriate
Your skills and experiences
* Ability to multi-task and work productively on range of diverse issues
* High level of attention to detail
* Developed problem solving ability
* Ability to learn new technologies and apply quickly to ongoing tasks
* Excellent time management and organisational skills
* Good understanding of multiple enterprise technologies - different languages, different environments, databases, presentation layers, business logic, interfacing with legacy systems, good performance and capacity planning, and cloud and physical infrastructures
* Deep understanding the software development life-cycle and key development technologies with a sound familiarisation of at least one methodology (Agile for preference)
* Desirable experience of working within a DevOps team
* Experience with Continuous Integration and/or Delivery
What to expect in return
* Personal growth and a clear path for development
* A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
* A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
* Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
* Excellent benefits package including unrivalled pension, 25 days holiday plus an extra day off for your birthday, Group Life Assurance, Group Health Insurance, free eye tests, flexible working options, and lots more!