£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
14 days ago
My client a leading company based in Southend are searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer, who is eligible for SC clearing. This role is a permanent role based in Southend but will be remote working till the end of 2020.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong background in AWS
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Experience coding in at least one programming language (Python, Golang, Nodejs or equivalent)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Familiarity with containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS etc.
- Working experience on CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Gitlab.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Have worked on at least one monitoring stack. (Nagios or Prometheus preferred)
- Hands on Experience with Distributed tracing using tools like Istio, Dynatrace
- Understanding of Security practices used for Cloud native DevOps
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.