North Yorkshire, England
£40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, benefits & flexible working
25 days ago
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Microsoft)
Salary up to £45k plus great benefits including attractive pension and up to 30 days annual leave
Flexible working options post COVID
Location - York
Fully remote interview and onboarding process
As we are all well-aware, COVID-19 is damaging many parts of the UK economy. However, as some sectors are clearly suffering, the appetite for digital products and services in some areas continues to be buoyant. Our client is one such company who is weathering the economic storm and seeing an increase in demand for its services.
Due to this - our client is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to bolster the ranks to ensure the company meets the demand of its customers. The ideal candidate will be primarily Microsoft technology focused and have a broad range of technical experience gained within a larger company setting. You will have applied your skills and experience in an enterprise Infrastructure environment and be used to taking ownership of issues, providing troubleshooting and diagnostic skills as well as get involved in project work such as Exchange migrations and moves to the Cloud. You will be expected to handle high severity issues (P1) and be able to offer guidance and coaching advice to more junior members of the team, hence the more senior nature of the position in the team.
- Collaborating with colleagues to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of any issues encountered, doing so in a logical and methodical manner
- Working pro-actively in the management and monitoring of infrastructure to prevent issues and outages happening in the first instance
- Deploying complex on-premise and cloud-based services in both green and brown field environments following design documentation
- A proactive and forward-thinking approach to process improvement
- Being open to ideas and equally happy to suggest improvements or better ways of doing things
Technical Skills / Environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise technologies, Windows Server, Office 365, Azure, Active Directory etc.
- Experience of Modern desktop management of Windows, macOS, Android and iOS utilising SCCM and Intune
- A broad level of knowledge over a wide spectrum of technologies including operating systems, networking, web technologies, databases and systems management
- PowerShell scripting and / or experience with configuration management technologies highly desirable
- ITIL and / or DevOps awareness
- Natural decision-making abilities
We appreciate this advert doesn't tell you everything - so please get in touch or send your CV , to discuss this position and other similar roles ASAP.