50000-75000 Per Annum
about 1 year ago
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer on behalf of one of our biggest customers, based in their Watford Office.
Undergoing strategic an ergonomic business growth, the IT Systems department has been required to deliver a series of IT Transformation projects over the past 3 years, with many more to come. They currently are currently recruiting for appropriate levels of resource to support current and future infrastructure and development projects. The department operates an IT Support function, spanning all areas of the business where necessary, out of office requirements as well as 24x7 coverage for the UK teams.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of ISO27001 and be well versed in the associated processes and procedures to support and maintain the standard going forward. As an important stakeholder within the life cycle this role will be expected to contribute and maintain several aligned processes and procedures, as well as keeping all associated documentation up to date and valid.
This role will heavily influence and shape the future of Information Technology growth and development over the coming months; support business growth and align the IT Road mapfor years to come. This candidate will have the technological expertise to drive projects through to completion, offer architectural viewpoints, support the design and implementation of multiple of initiatives. Covering various technologies from VMware vSphere platform, Veeam, Dell Networking, Meraki and Sonicwall Firewalls, MPLS, SIP and Dell storage (to mention just a few).
This role will be primarily focused on project work, with BAU support elements as well as aiding the Head of IT/IT Manager with day to day duties.
- Drive the evolution of the strategic road mapwithin the IT Infrastructure department; supporting the Head of IT/IT Manager with the shared strategic objectives.
- Project assessments, planning and the delivery of project items.
- Manage the continual service improvement works required of the department.
- Offer technical expertise to all IT Staff. Manage technical training and provide technical documentation across the board.
- Oversee all operations of the ITIL service management function.
- Engage with business executives, team managers, team leaders to draw down IT requirements, evaluate and offer improvement tasks, managed via the ticketing system.
- Evaluate IT technologies in use, provide recommendations and support the configurations of various services.
- On occasion, evaluate the internal and external monitoring and alerting of the IT estate. Investigate methods of improvement, and refinement of the solution.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The role holder is expected to have the majority, if not all, of the following skills and competencies to ensure that they will be fit for the role and able to carry out its duties:
- Significant experience in design and administration of Microsoft Windows Servers (2008 – 2016) – all required. Experience with upgrade paths for Microsoft Windows Services.
- Expertisewith Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, VMware vSphere Hyper-visors, and Microsoft's Distributed File System.
- Have full administrative experience of DHCP, DNS, VLANs, Firewall, network load balancers, proxy servers, web-servers. Experience with AntiVirus, Anti-Malware and Disk Encryption tool setstoo.
- Will be expected to have complete comfort with the command line; be able to demonstrate scripting experience (VBS/Bash/Powershell etc).
- Expected to understand what a SIEM solution is; be able to offer best practices towards network and event monitoring; as wellas offer improvements around the thresholds being monitored and alerts/notifications sent there-after.