£0.00 - £50000.00 per annum + 7% bonus and more
6 months ago
Must have azure experience
In this role you will provide strategic direction, design and deployment of technology projects and the transition into IT Operations support at a senior SME level for the IT Platform Design Team.
* Take full ownership and responsibility for the creation of technical designs and implementation plans ensuring industry best practices and techniques are used.
* Ensure solutions being designed are able to meet customer requirements and in-line with agreed expectations.
* Appropriate and effective management/shaping of œcustomerexpectations and push-back as appropriate.
* Ensure designs are considering the use of latest technologies.
* Ensure designs are produced with operational run in mind.
* Provide technical estimations for solutions in terms of complexity, duration and skills.
* Lead teams to implement solutions in development and test in accordance with the designs. ensuring that work is organised and allocated appropriately.
* Work alongside Operational Delivery teams to ensure implementation of solutions in Production accordance with the designs.
* Work closely with our Service Transition team to ensure the smooth transition of new services into Operational teams.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and guidelines
* Develop and enhance positive stakeholder relationships
* Demonstration of awareness of relevant industry/technical developments
* Develop the appropriate delivery plan by which the objectives set for any given piece of work will be achieved in-line with the required time, budget and other constraints.
* Consider and successfully address the situations/issues of a highly unusual and non-standard nature, creating new approaches through the application of a conceptual/theoretical understanding of the relevant subject matter.
* Conduct a QA role on activities performed by the team to improve output quality and to identify development needs for the employee.
* Assess and mitigate the risks associated with the introduction of any new approach/technique, advising senior colleagues of those risks as appropriate.
Skills and Experience
* Extensive experience of authoring technical designs and implementing robust, highly available and scalable infrastructure, enterprise solutions and services ideally in either a senior technical, architecture or leadership role.
* Experience of hands-on, deep technical experience designing and implementing Microsoft Azure technology specifically but not limited to App Services, Azure SQL database, availability sets, Azure network components, ADFS, Express Route, DNS, Load Balancing, Storage, Data Lakes, VM Scale Sets and Blob Storage.
* Experience of proposing and defining all types of cloud based solutions (Specifically SaaS, PaaS and IAAS).
* Exposure to a range of continuous integration and build tools, specifically VSTS.
* Experience of authoring Azure Resource Manager templates.
* Experience of root cause fault analysis and problem management on a range of WinTel and Cloud based infrastructure.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
25 days annual leave increasing with service.
Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
Onsite Gym. Weekly classes are held throughout the day from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Please click apply to be considered :)