York, North Yorkshire
£0.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + excellent benefits
4 months ago
About the Role
The Senior Developer supports the Technical Leads and Architects in the development of services, APIs and user interfaces for our products. Working both independently and as part of a wider technical team, the Senior Developer will work throughout the development life cycle to deliver high-quality and robust solutions to the highest technical standards.
About our Benefits
In addition to our competitive salary and all the usual benefits (Life assurance, 25-30 days holiday, car parking and cycle to work scheme), we understand that its the small things that make people feel appreciated, so our benefits package also includes:
* Excellent Pension Scheme (Standard 4% Employee - 8% Employer).
* Flexi Hours
* An additional day off for your birthday
* Income protection scheme
* Closed for Christmas
* Gym discount
* £1,500 referral scheme
Your main duties will include:
* Be involved in key areas of software development, including evaluation, recommendations, implementation, testing, maintenance and documentation
* Provide reasonable effort and duration estimates for the delivery of requirements in the context of the wider project lifecycle, and assist QA and less experienced developers in doing the same
* Effectively work and contribute as a team member sharing information and experience where applicable together with a willingness to contribute ideas to enhance projects
* Developing high quality and well tested code following the teams agreed coding standards
* Assist in the resolution of technical problems experienced by less experienced team members
You will have experience with Java development with an excellent understanding the software development lifecycle and deep familiarisation with at least one methodology.
You will have experience working with databases and Linux based operating systems.
You will have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels using proficient people management skills.
You will have ambition and drive to grasp the opportunities on offer within a forward-thinking technological organisation.
Please click apply to be considered !