45000-65000 Per Annum
3 months ago
Senior Java Software Engineer, (Java 8, Spring/Hibernate/Maven/Gradle)
The Bridge IT are currently working in partnership with a well known national organisation, who are looking for a talented senior software engineer to help build great apps and services in their Digital Team.
You will work in multi-functional, collaborative teams that are empowered to create a beautiful application ecosystem that is consistent, reliable, secure and performant.
What you will do;
• Write clean, well-structured and maintainable code.
• Write tests and adopt TDD / BDD where appropriate.
• Work collaboratively within a genuine Agile team comprised of colleagues from across the company.
How you will succeed;
• Show a good level of understanding across a variety of technical skills.
• Demonstrate and promote good attitudes and behaviours, such as collaboration, learning, sharing, respect and motivation.
• Believe in a DevOps culture - they build and own the entire stack, and endeavour to automate as much as possible.
• Help them constantly inspect and adapt their practices.
What you need to know (ideally);
• Clean coding using Java 8 with tools and frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Maven and Gradle.
• Automated testing using tools such as Junit, Spock, Gatling and Selenium.
They are also working with the following, so any knowledge in these areas would be great:
• Deploying multiple services to cloud based infrastructure using CI/CD pipelines
• Monitoring their applications using the ELK stack
• Working with Node.js, Python, PHP, MySQL, Docker, Postgresql, Terraform, Ansible and friends…
You will be working on exciting Greenfield projects in an Agile heavy environment, where collaboration and teamwork is key to their success.
Please apply immediately to be considered.