Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£52500 - £83000 per annum + £9k car
8 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Senior Juniper Consultant for a large blue chip company in Sheffield city centre.
This Senior Juniper Consultant position is a highly technical role, providing post-sales on-site support for Juniper Networks Products. The Senior Juniper Consultant will be required to develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge on the products deployed within the network.
The key responsibilities for this Senior Juniper Consultant position are:
- To hold design and information gathering workshops to understand the existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs;
- To carry out testing of new features and functionality required in a laboratory environment and to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network;
- To test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the live network;
- To troubleshoot equipment and network problems assisting JTAC with technical cases through to problem resolution;
- To perform network optimisation and configuration reviews;
The key skills required for this Senior Juniper Consultant position are:
- A detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP/SDN service provider networks. These skills should include:
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- SDN, Contrail networking
- OpenStack, IaaS
- Routing protocol operation (OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP, IPv6, and BGP)
- VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (MPLS, VXLAN, GRE, etc.)
- SDN overlays and EVPN based solutions
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of switches and IP routers. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers;
- Strong experience in troubleshooting complex issues both at the device-level and network-level, in a multi-vendor environment. Able to isolate and identify configuration, design and product issues;
- Previous experience with Juniper Networks products (MX, NFX, PTX, EX, QFX, SRX devices) and JUNOS software.
- Comfortable with Linux or other UNIX implementations, with scripting skills;
- Experience with DevOps tools and technologies - Ansible, Jinja2, Heat, Docker, Kubernetes, Github
- Juniper Networks Technical Certifications: JNCIP or JNCIE;
- Previous experience in network design, installation and deployment with MX, NFX, EX, QFX, PTX, in a Service Provider or large enterprise environment;
This role is based in Sheffield city centre and if you do have the relevant skills or would like further details, please do apply.