West Yorkshire, England
£0.00 - £45000.00 per annum + bonus, benefits & flexible working
29 days ago
Senior Mainframe Developer
Location - West Yorkshire
Salary - Competitive plus bonus, extensive benefits and flexible working!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mainframe Developer, working for a leading client based in West Yorkshire. You will be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies.
Ideally, you'll have solid experience in the full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, systems / business analysis and technical development.
- Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and standards.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document and implement test plans.
- Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, reports and business support as required
- Ensure that IT and business users are aligned at all times on the project aims and deliverables.
- Ensure issues raised by business users are appropriately evaluated, prioritised and resourced.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key business users.
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge.
- Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues, where appropriate.
Your Skills and Experience
- IBM DB2
- Desirable Technical Skills
- General/Standard SQL
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
What to expect in return
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working