West Yorkshire, England
£0.00 - £1 per annum + bonus, benefits & flexible working
5 months ago
Senior Mainframe Developer
Location - West Yorkshire
Salary - Competitive plus bonus, extensive benefits and flexible working!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mainframe Developer, working for a leading client based in West Yorkshire. You will be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies.
Ideally, you'll have solid experience in the full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, systems / business analysis and technical development.
* Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and standards.
* Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
* Create, document and implement test plans.
* Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
* Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
* Provide ad-hoc analysis, reports and business support as required
* Ensure that IT and business users are aligned at all times on the project aims and deliverables.
* Ensure issues raised by business users are appropriately evaluated, prioritised and resourced.
* Build and maintain working relationships with key business users.
* Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge.
* Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues, where appropriate.
Your Skills and Experience
* IBM DB2
Desirable Technical Skills
* General/Standard SQL
* Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
What to expect in return
* Bonus Scheme
* Pension Scheme
* ShareSave Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Childcare Vouchers
* Flexible working