£39000.00 - £44000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Network Engineer
Salary - £40,000 - £44,000 plus bonus, pension, flexible working
Location - Southampton
This is a new, exciting opportunity for someone who wants to work for an innovative company in Southampton. The company have a huge amount of data across the UK which they are now looking to exploit by working with a number of organisations to see what services they can provide. You will work in an already established team as a senior member and you'll be responsible for the design, installation, configuration, administration and support of the hardware and software platforms that provide voice, data, network security and cloud services.
In addition to the day to day support and admin there are a number of major projects upcoming which can be detailed for you.
The company are in a purpose built office and you'll be working with the latest technologies. As a senior member you will help mentor other members of the team whilst also being able to work with and engage with other stakeholders in the business such as Architects and Developers.
You will join an on call rota of 1 in 4 and must have a full driving license.
Key Skills & Experience
- Design, build, support and troubleshoot Cisco networks (LAN, WAN, and VoIP) to CCNP level. Although CCNP is not mandatory you will need to demonstrate a strong hands on understanding of Checkpoint Firewalls
- Ideally: Checkpoint R77.30 / R80
- Design, build, support and troubleshoot Check Point Firewall (Gais, Cluster, XL, R77/R80)
- Experience of the following - IP addressing and management, VLANs, routing, switching, BGP, WAN technologies (MPLS, PtoP, DSL), DNS, SNMP
- Experience of any of the following would be advantageous - Cloud technologies, Juniper SLL VPN, RSA Authentication, F5 Load Balance, SolarWinds
- Cisco experience is also important
- Experience within Azure