South Yorkshire, England
£60000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits
9 days ago
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join an industry leading client based in South Yorkshire.
The Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in the design, build, support and maintenance of software systems and integrations with third parties, to help the business become more efficient and provide a better service to its customers. The Senior Software Engineer will be a technical expert in their field who has a passion for delivering high quality software, with a proven track record of creating high quality components while at the same time maintaining oversight of an entire solution. Significant experience developing N-tier applications is expected, and he/she must be highly adept at analysing software requirements and be able to assist engineers and architects to create quality high-level and detailed-design documentation.
- Lead and influence detailed design discussions with other team members
- Ensure decisions are documented appropriately.
- Be extremely involved with the coordination of build and deployment procedures.
- Ensure code is developed in accordance with all key design decisions and review any deviations.
- Investigate and understand priority and visibility product problems, and then either delegate or undertake tasks to solve them.
- Work with delivery, infrastructure, support, and change functions to ensure the right solution is developed and delivered.
- Engineer changes and enhancements, with an eye towards improving the overall quality of the products and services.
- Explore requirements to understand technical difficulties, recommend implementation approaches, and design solutions.
- Build solid working practices and look to continuously improve.
- Ensure that work is lined up and "ready" for yourself and the wider team to undertake.
- Be highly proactive when addressing issues that risk delaying their development team; such as questions concerning requirements, technical matters or anything else
Skills & Experience
- Java 7 / 8 or above
- SQL, PL/SQL, and other database experience
- Web services development (SOAP / Restful)
- Spring Framework / Spring Boot applications
- IntelliJ / Eclipse IDE
- XML / JSON data representation and binding tools
- JPA methods / tools e.g. Hibernate
- Continuous integration methods / tools
- Automated testing (Junit, mocking APIs)
- TDD / BDD methods and tools
- Messaging basics
- Linux knowledge / exposure / scripting
- Git/Subversion, Jenkins, Maven / Gradle
- Unit / Integration testing strategies
- Mocking frameworks
- Object oriented design theory / principles / patterns
- Agile development processes / methods / tools
- JMS / messaging / routing / transformations / XML / JSON