South Yorkshire, England
£75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + excellent benefits package
4 months ago
Senior Solutions Architect
Location - South Yorkshire
Salary - up to £80k plus excellent benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Solutions Architect you will be a technical subject matter expert for products and services within the internal core customer team.
You will be the design authority for new and existing services via solution designs, and you will help communicate the business goals, constraints and risks to the delivery team members, so that they can build and operate the systems and services that support and deliver the team's business goals. You will communicate the key facts, risks and assumptions to enable the heads of function in a team to understand and make decisions for the products and services you represent.
Together with the Head of Architecture, you will deliver and communicate an architectural vision and roadmap for the tribe that is understood and supported by the whole business and that provides clear, achievable principles and direction for the technology team to follow.
It means providing true technical leadership and governance, designing the solutions that will power the future of the business.
* Being responsible for producing Impact Assessments for proposed significant pieces of work, to understand the feasible high-level approaches, risk, and effort involved
* Providing high level technical designs in collaboration with Tech Leads or other SAs, which meet the needs of all stakeholders
* Govern technical design by being the person who makes sure that all areas have been considered (functional, non-functional, security, compliance, etc.)
* Ensure that we meet our responsibilities around documentation and process for PCI DSS, data protection, SOX, UKGC/AGCC compliance and security
* Be an active participant in our broader technical strategy and ways of working - not being afraid to take ownership of things and make them better
* Act as a subject matter expert in the technologies you use, bringing your understanding of the solution requirements and broader driving factors to bear on technical decision making
* Inspire and support those around you, especially delivery squads, the managers and other architects in the team
* Supporting the Head of Architecture, collaborating on defining the appropriate technologies and ways of working to deliver a sustainable and evolvable technical architecture that's fit for purpose, cost effective, and supports the ongoing needs of our business