£50000 - £55000 per annum
8 months ago
My client a leading company based in Redhill are searching for a Senior Systems Administrator to be responsible for taking full lifecycle ownership of assigned systems and processes. Providing technical leadership and carrying out resource planning activities and work as part of a small team of subject matter experts ensuring the team adhere to best practices and work effectively and efficiently on a clearly prioritised workload.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for the Wintel Team.
- Take ownership of escalated incidents, ensuring root causes are found and resolved.
- Assist with resource planning and prioritization of assigned team members.
- Manage and maintain assigned systems or services in production and pre-production environments.
- Support of Microsoft Windows Servers including:
- Active Directory, GPOs.
- HP Proliant hardware.
- VMWare vSphere.
- Storage Arrays.
- Supervision of system backups (Netbackup, BackupExec).
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience of designing, building, and supporting a broad range of IT systems, particularly Microsoft Windows and VMware vSphere.
- Substantial experience of providing 3rd line operation support in 24x7 environments.
- Substantial experience fault finding in complex system and network infrastructures.
- Knowledge and experience implementing and supporting public cloud hosted solutions (AWS and Azure).
- Proven track record of customer liaison and fault management with experience in a support and / or NOC environment.
- Experience of systems automation, configuration management, automated server and environment builds.
- Experience of working in an ITIL controlled environment.
- Experience of working under pressure in a dynamic and fast moving technical
- Appropriate certifications - MCSA/MCSE, VMWare vSphere, ITIL, Cloud (AWS/Azure)
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for Immediate consideration.