North Yorkshire, England
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Plus Benefits and Flexible working
6 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer
Location - North Yorkshire
Salary - £45k plus excellent benefits and flexible working
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with a range of experience in supporting diverse infrastructures, to be based in North Yorkshire.
* Be able to work within a small team to build and support complex server, database and cloud infrastructures in both green and brown field environments, following design documentation and industry best practices.
* Collaborating with colleagues to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of any issues encountered, doing so in a logical and methodical manner.
* Work pro-actively in the management and monitoring of customer environments to prevent issues and outages happening in the first place.
* Be flexible in your approach to work and be a team player, where everyone pitches in to get the job done.
* Be confident and happy to deal with customers directly.
Your Skills & Experiences
* Good experience of Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Bash, Ruby, Powershell)
* In depth knowledge Linux and Windows OS
* Exposure to Database platforms (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL)
* Proficient with TCP/IP networking
* Load balancing and caching technologies and solutions (Stingray, HA Proxy)
* Experience with high availability technologies such as clustering.
* Storage solutions such as SAN/NAS (EMC/Tegile/HP)
* Middleware knowledge (Tomcat, Jetty, IIS)
* Knowledge and experience of Web server platforms e.g. Apache, IIS
* Virtualisation, containerisation and cloud (VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, Docker, AWS, Azure)
* Excellent communication skills