York, N. Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber, England
£0.00 - £42000.00 per annum
2 months ago
What this role involves...
* Working within a small team to build and support complex server, database and cloud infrastructures in both green and brown field environments, following design documentation and industry best practices.
* Collaborating with colleagues to quickly and efficiently expedite the resolution of any issues encountered, doing so in a logical and methodical manner.
* Work pro-actively in the management and monitoring of customer environments to prevent issues and outages happening in the first place.
* Be flexible in your approach to work and be a team player, where everyone pitches in to get the job done.
* Be confident and happy to deal with customers directly.
What we'll need you to bring…
* Good experience of Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Bash, Ruby, Powershell)
* In depth knowledge Linux and Windows OS
* Exposure to Database platforms (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL)
* Proficient with TCP/IP networking
* Load balancing and caching technologies and solutions (Stingray, HA Proxy)
* Experience with high availability technologies such as clustering.
* Storage solutions such as SAN/NAS (EMC/Tegile/HP)
* Middleware knowledge (Tomcat, Jetty, IIS)
* Knowledge and experience of Web server platforms e.g. Apache, IIS
* Virtualisation, containerisation and cloud (VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, Docker, AWS, Azure)
* Excellent communication skills
What we'll give you in return…
* A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
* A strong ethos of knowledge sharing with weekly Lightning Talks and regular meet-ups
* The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
* Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
* Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
* A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
* A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
* Excellent benefits package including unrivalled pension, 25 days holiday plus an extra day off for your birthday, Group Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, free eye tests, flexible working options, Cycle to Work scheme and lots more!
Please click apply to be considered!