£0.00 - £550 per day
about 1 month ago
My client are looking to recruit an experienced Service Designer to start ASAP. The role is INSIDE IR35 and likely to extend beyond 3 months.
We are looking for a Service Designer to set the direction for design across complex transformation programmes.
You will lead multidisciplinary teams in designing the end-to-end journey of digital services to help users complete their goal and deliver a policy intent.
You will be a specialist in leading design across multiple agile digital delivery teams, working closely with senior stakeholders across the programme to ensure the effective delivery of services.
You will also help lead the design community, sharing your skills, knowledge and experience with others across the business.
- Accountable for service design across complex, high-impact products and services
- Lead and motivate multiple multidisciplinary teams and senior stakeholders in the application of service design and user-centred design tools and techniques
- Capture the entire perspective of a service, setting the vision and turning interactions into simple user journeys
- Lead service design in a complex regulated environment, able to understand user needs and track interactions across channels, identify dependencies across services and coordinate design activity across multiple teams
- Lead teams in communicating product iterations using recognised agile approaches
- Welcome constructive criticism of your work and constructively review the work of others
- Build collaborative relationships and work effectively within an agile environment with colleagues
- Actively lead the design community, learning, sharing and applying skills and knowledge to improve, and being an advocate for design.
- Deep understanding of service design methods and practice, with proven experience using data and user feedback to improve services
- Significant track record of successfully designing digital products and services at scale
- Experience in matrix-managing multiple multidisciplinary design teams in the delivery of digital product and services
- Significant experience of rapid prototyping as part of developing products and services, or transforming existing services
- An expert design practitioner with a deep understanding of disciplines such as user research, user experience, content design, and interaction design
- Experience of solving complex or undefined problems, leading teams to conceptualise, design, prototype, and deliver services
- Core design skills of sketching, journey mapping and prototyping including through rapid prototyping tools
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to form and maintain strong collaborative relationships
- Experience of building and leading communities of practice
- Strong skills in communicating design decisions; convincing people that user-centred approaches are the right way to design products and services
- Understanding of the Government Digital Service (GDS) Service Standards and design principles
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.