Leeds, West Yorkshire
£450 - £550 per day
4 months ago
Site Reliability Engineer
Negotiable daily rate
Working with a leading organisation the Bridge are recruiting for a contract Site Reliability Engineer.
The role of our Site Reliability Engineers is to support the operation of applications and infrastructure running in the live environment. They are responsible for the performance, availability, efficiency, monitoring, emergency response, change management and capacity planning of all future and existing production systems.
- Collaborate very closely with DevOps to design, operate and optimize large-scale online services
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and deliver solutions for disaster recovery, capacity management, monitoring, telemetry, and platform automation.
- Work with the DevOps team to manage the transition of services from Project to Operational management.
- Be part of a team of platform and automation specialists overseeing the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems, software and applications
- Perform deep investigations that stretch your skills to isolate and solve complex performance and reliability issues for online services
- Follow agreed procedures, carry out routine configuration/installation and provides sufficient information for reconfiguration of services
- Carry out required monitoring, logging and reporting tasks. Takes action on known errors and documented workarounds, logging such actions and escalating or advising specialists when management or specialist attention is required
- Act corporately as a role model, communicating clear direction and setting changes into context for others
- Be involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing your experiences
- Support Azure/AWS applications and on prem operations, projects & change processes.
- Delivery & Customer focused
- Understanding of solving problems at scale
- Experience with the Azure cloud platform
- Proficient in Automation, build, packaging and release tooling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uses a modern standards approach throughout automation and testing.
- Familiar with all aspects of Dev/Ops CI:CD pipeline
- Working knowledge of Iaas, PaaS, SaaS and Cloud technologies.
- Able to define, analyse, plan, measure, maintain and improve all aspects of the availability of services.
- Is proficient in the following
- .NET C#
- .Net Core
- SQL - Microsoft SQL
- Application Insights/Log Analytics
- Maintains the security, confidentiality and integrity of information systems through the compliance with relevant legislation and regulations