York, North Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
11 days ago
Software developer (Java)
This is a great opportunity in operations to join a talented and progressive team that celebrates success and acknowledges failure. The successful candidates will join a challenging and fast paced agile environment where their contributions will be valued and encouraged.
About our Benefits
In addition to our competitive salary and all the usual benefits (Life assurance, 25-30 days holiday, car parking, cycle to work scheme), we understand that its the small things that make people feel appreciated, so our benefits package also includes:
* Excellent Pension Scheme (Standard 4% Employee - 8% Employer).
* Flexi Hours
* An additional day off for your birthday
* Income protection scheme
* Closed for Christmas
* Gym discount
* £1,500 referral scheme
Your main duties will include:
* Develop new services and software to meet the needs of our users, staying true to our core values and needs while lending your own creativity to the mix
* Refactor existing software to meet the changing needs of our users
* Focus on creating fault-tolerant applications
* Create scalable, tested, automated solutions
* Work together as a team with other _generalising specialists_ to deliver the features our platform needs
You will have a thorough understanding of modern software design, along with knowledge of good coding practices and a competence in variety of other languages.
Proficient in, at least, one modern programming language and experience with Continuous Integration and/or Delivery.
Please click apply to be considered !