Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
£30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum
3 months ago
My client a leading company based in Stockton On Tees are searching for a Software Development Engineer in Test who has a strong understanding / experience of testing applications in Java.
- Responsible for testing complex API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems.
- Create and maintain automated test cases, execute test suites, review and diagnose reported bugs, and ensure overall system quality prior to a customer release.
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback.
- Work with the engineering teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes.
- Work closely with software developers to create software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- The ability to develop code in Java.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality and test automation
- Previous experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, Windows, and/or mobile devices.
- Experience with XML, Databases and SQL.
- Experience in API testing from SOAP, RESTful.
- Experience with Test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems.
- Experience with tools & applications (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git and Artifactory/Maven).
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV.