£0.00 - £55000.00 per annum
16 days ago
Java Software Engineer - £55,000 - Leeds
The Bridge IT are working with a highly reputable company nationwide who are looking to recruit 2 Software Engineers to join their Digital Services Team.
The company in question have grown their technical capabilities on a large scale since 2020 and are in the process of a company wide transformation to modernise their technology capability.
- Develop, document, and test (in an automated way) software and configuration ensuring they adhere to development standards and meet requirements.
- Work on implementing automated build pipelines and monitoring capabilities.
- Participate and lead peer reviews of documentation, code, unit and integration testing
- Collaborate with Tech leads, architects, analysts, scrum master and product owners to perform impact analysis and estimation on requirements and designs.
- Ensure that system design meets the current design standards, is appropriate for current architecture and meets future architecture and infrastructure requirements.
- Experience or knowledge of a number of the following software skill sets: Java, Spring Boot, JSON, Python.
- Strong knowledge of modern technologies and platforms used within digital application
- Desirable skills include:
- Restful Design, working with API Gateway products (Google Apigee or equivalent)
- Containers and Container Orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Continuous Integration Pipelines - Gitlab, Jenkins
- Security (OWASP, Certificates, JWT, Encryption techniques)
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of DevOps software delivery methodologies and the application of them using tools like JIRA, Confluence, Gitlab and Jenkins.