£0 per year + Excellent Salary plus benefits
0113 386 8552
3 months ago
Solution Design Engineer / Technical Architect– Azure / MS 365 / Networking / Security
My Leeds based client is looking to recruit and experienced Solution Design professional to take responsibility for the completion of the analysis, design and engineering work related to requests from Project Delivery and Service Operations teams.
As Solution Design Engineer, you will produce designs, design policies, configurations and documentation to support strategy and business requirements. This includes analysis of technical requirements, translating analysis and high-level platform architecture into designs and collaborating with like-minded professionals to see them through to deployment in to live and handover to support.
Working across multiple projects, you will act as subject matter expert on a service and/or technology.
Within this role, you will :
• Assist in the assessment and selection of suitable solutions to meet all or parts of specified requirements.
• Design infrastructure to meet the requirements that can be implemented in line with existing infrastructure.
• Produce designs and specifications covering objectives, scope, features, facilities, management, reliability, resilience, security, constraints (such as performance, resources, cost), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, traffic volumes, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered.
• Understand best practices and apply them across technologies.
• Adapt solutions to the constraints of the existing infrastructure.
• Guide a project to completion and ensure that it is delivered to the design and meets the original intent of the project.
• Prove the feasibility of designs.
• Be consulted about design by other designers and engineers
• Consult with the overarching Architecture function about design patterns
• Ensure the successful delivery of infrastructure changes.
• Assess the impact of changes introduced by the solution and plan accordingly.
• Identify any deeper issues that need fixing either with implemented designs or existing infrastructure
• Act as mentor and trusted advisor to other members of the team and to engineers in other teams such as Operations to develop any skills and knowledge required
Technically , you will possess expertise in a number of the following :
o Microsoft 365, Including: Exchange online, SharePoint, InTune, Teams, OneDrive
o Microsoft Azure, Including: Compute, DevOps, Hybrid + Multicloud, Identity, Networking, Security, Storage
o Networking and Communications: SD-WAN, ZScaler, Cisco LAN / WAN, Wireless
o Operating Systems Windows 10, Windows Server, Linux, Virtualization VMWare
o Security: Access Control, Application Security, Authentication, Firewalls, Intruder Detection, Threat protection
In return, you will be offered an attractive salary and benefits package.