£55k - 60k per year
0113 386 8555
about 1 month ago
My client a leading company based in York are searching for SQL DBA to work alongside the IT Services Infrastructure team delivering technology solutions to our wider Group Technology teams and the business.
This role requires 1 day in the office per week.
Within this role you will be required to be key point of contact for technology enquiries around our data environments, assist in the planning and development of technology projects and continue to build our “code as a service” model for infrastructure and data solutions provision.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Design, implementation and administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above; HADR solutions provision, primarily based on AlwaysOn Availability Group technologies and provision of SSIS, SSAS and SSRS solutions
- Experience of SSIS administration and development
- Understanding and administration of Change Data Capture and replication (knowledge of IBM Data Replication desirable)
- Understanding of Azure Data Factory
- Task automation and scripting experience using T-SQL and PowerShell
- Troubleshoot SQL Server and related issues, appreciation of interactions with networking, storage and Active Directory
- Server, database and query performance tuning, using Query Store and Monitoring tools, e.g. SentryOne or similar
- Database Cloud migration and administration
- Operate as part of a project team, both as a member and technical lead, supporting the complete development lifecycle.
- Experience using DevOps principles such as CI/CD to automate routine DBA tasks.
- An appreciation of Infrastructure as Code principles and how they can be applied in an Enterprise environment.
If this sounds something of interest, please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.